Marvel Unveils New Contents
During the Marvel Video Games Panel on Saturday, Marvel revealed several new characters and game-play additions for its hit "Marvel: Avengers Alliance." The announcements included:
"Marvel: Avengers Alliance" : Marvel revealed a brand new Spec Op mission for the hit Facebook game, "Marvel: Avengers Alliance," featuring the heroes and storyline inspired by Marvel's "Thor: The Dark World" movie. In this mission, players journey to London and beyond in an attempt to stop Malekith and the Dark Elves from marching on Midgard. Heimdall joins the Avengers as the reward hero, while players can unlock a brand new version of Loki as the lockbox hero. Kurse rounds out the cast as the new Group Boss.
In the third chapter of Season 2, players will continue to unravel the mystery of the Circle of 8. Who is running the Circle of 8? And why are they doing ritual sacrifices? New villains the Kingpin and Sin make their debut, and Original Daredevil will be the Chapter Mastery reward.
During the panel it was also revealed that the next PVP character reward will be Domino, while the new Lockbox reward following Loki will be Sabretooth.
"Marvel: Avengers Alliance" (Mobile Game): Marvel also revealed during the Marvel Games that the Android version of the hit mobile game will be launching via Google Play on November 21. In addition, it was also announced that Deadpool will be the reward hero for the next PVP season in the iOS version. In addition, players should stay tuned for the Punisher and Beast to soon be available for recruitment.
"Marvel: Avengers Alliance" is now available for free for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad on the iTunes App Store.
Loki (alternate costume)
Daredevil (alternate costume)
Avengers Alliance News
NYCC October 2013
- PvP Season 12 reward is Domino, and will feature changes to how the armoury works.
- Season 2, Chapter 2 being tested. Chapter 3 will feature Yellow Daredevil as the mastery reward, together with Kingpin and Sin as new villains.
- Spec Ops 14 is based on “Thor: The Dark World” with Heimdall as the reward. No Halloween-themed SO this year.
- Loki will be playable, available in Lockboxes. Malekith as main villain, Kurse as group boss.
- Dr. Voodoo and Sabretooth will be playable.
- New features for MAA rolling out monthly.
- New Iso-8s to be introduced in Season 2, Chapter 2's debut, allowing new passives to your heroes and Agent.
- MAA Mobile: Punisher and Beast, launching. Deadpool coming soon. November 21, Android version worldwide release.
Producer Justin Woods @ NYCC 2013 Live 14.10.2013
- Multi-functional weapons like Synthetic Cube are coming soon
- Doctor Voodoo will not have a Covert Ops.
- SO14 will involve something about the Bifrost (which is why Heimdall joins)!
As to how much Gold and time and even his abilities and classes, we won't know but the guess is BRUISER, SCRAPPER or TACTICIAN.
- Chapter 2 will be the "next thing" to be released ("REALLY soon")
Modern 80s Cyclops - Battle Class to follow and resemble Phoenix Five's version of Blaster and Tactician. Conservative Guess.
Chapter 2 Crazy Eights is expected to debut in October 2013 or early November. That is if PD will roll out in time with less bugs.
- The first 5 SO heroes (Mockingbird, Emma Frost, Magik, Ghost Rider and Valkyrie) are going to be in the store permanently
Note - While long term and pioneering players may greet such news with dismay, this shouldn't be viewed negatively. The recent spate of re-releases - Mocking Bird via Avengers Initiative and discounts plus Rescue for 50 Gold is already a clear indication and a very obvious one too they will be re-released into the game from time to time. For this case it's a permanent release which will only serve a purpose. To ensure new players don't fall out, less ranting on the forums and bombarding Playdom with questions WHEN and for HOW MUCH. While we expect them to be sold for 200 Command Points each PERMANENTLY, it is ultimately up to Playdom to price them individually at their discretion. We welcome this change despite Limited Edition or time only will be a thing of the PAST.
- The new ISO-8s are going to be called Empowered. There are going to be Hero- and Class-specific ones.
Note - What do they mean? Re-actives will be phased out eventually since its original introduction in April 2013. Empowered will be changing the schematics of Marvel: Avengers Alliance. They may retain the original colours - Prismatic, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Purple, Orange ... each type of category will be equipped with an ability advantage, but it is only a CHANCE TO TRIGGER, likely to be pegged between 30% to 60% occurrence. For A.I it's 100%. Our thinking tend to be more positive on this aspect. With Empowered items to be available after researching the various categories and unlocked via 2 options. GOLD premium (better ones) and the classic COINS varieties only.
Another positive release and for players to look forward to - Empowered ISO-8 something Amora, Enchantress will be casting our way SOON.
Empowered ISO-8 - Expect this too to have a severe impact when it comes to PvP Meta as human players have to battle in an increasing hostile gaming environment built in a way that the A.I will always have turns, and proc % ahead of the human player (YOU). It is designed for long term spenders not for casual game play.
Feel free to like and share.
Marvel Video Game
Marvel's Full NYCC 2013 Merch Line-Up
Marvel Booth at NYCC