Visit Our Latest Post on Marvel Avengers Alliance Season 2 Producer's Notes
Marvel Avengers Alliance Season 2 Notes
- Season 2 was announced to be released at June 18, 2013 but was delayed to make more fixes to the game.
- Marvel XP's Facebook page however, has announced that Season 2 will start within July.
- A teaser Image was released on Marvel's official website, hinting at the upcoming content of Season 2.
- More teaser Images were released at June 18, 2013. Images show sprites for Sugar Man and Selene as well as how the tabs will look at the Mission page, and how new features will look in Missions.
- Selene and Sugar Man will debut in Season 2 Chapter 1.
- Season 2 can be unlocked by finishing Season 1's Chapter 1 Mission 4.
- Season 2 is confirmed to have 12 chapters, and have only chapter 1 at release.
- Justin Woods confirmed at the SDCC 2013 that, instead of golden weapons, players will recieve alternate uniforms for heroes.
While the launch of Season 2 will be coming very soon, we need a bit more time to get it ready. We decided to add a couple more features at the last moment that we think will make it a great experience. As stated before, you won’t lose your heroes or any progress in the game. Season 2: Chapter 1 may be started once you’ve completed the MODOK fight in Season 1: Mission 4. You may use all of the heroes you currently own. Think of it as an additional chapter that is on a new tab (see here) to separate it because it has a new story and new gameplay. But it’s not a “restart” in any way.
Here’s a look at how the tabs are arranged along with some other improvements to the UI (such as a scrollbar for tasks and moving all of the mission-level info (like leaderboards, loot, and epic boss locations [new]) under the new “Mission Info” button. Here you see the Season 1 tab, with the Chapter 1 you all are familiar with. We’d love to show you the Season 2 tab, but we’re not quite ready to show it yet, as it would spoil the surprise! Let’s just say that Chapter Mastery is about to become a lot more fun.
Below is one of the new events in Season 2. What do you think the agent will incur here?
Here is another heroic new event seen in Season 2. Hopefully your team is up for the challenge.
And here are some new Season 2 enemies you’ll see right away in Chapter 1:
Sugar ManThe monstrous Sugar Man comes from an alternate reality where the mutant tyrant Apocalypse conquered North America. A slaver and geneticist, he performed hideous experiments in a Seattle prison camp before escaping to our world.
Selene – The Black QueenSelene Gallio can psionically drain the life force of others, rejuvenating herself and controlling her victim's mind. She has used this power to live for thousands of years, all the while cultivating her mastery of dark sorcery.
There’s a lot more to look forward to when Season 2 launches. We’re working really hard to get it to you guys as soon as we possibly can. There’s so much in this patch that it is taking just a little longer to get to you, but we think it will really be worth it. In fact, it will be our biggest patch since the launch of the game!
Thanks to everyone for playing MAA. We hope you enjoy these updates and we hope you’ll love Season 2.
Marvel: Avengers Alliance Development Team